The Seald-SDK is the Seald Software Development Kit. It is based on the Seald technology core, which benefits from a CSPN Security Visa from ANSSI since December 2020.
It is designed for developers to integrate end-to-end encryption into web, mobile or desktop applications on the data they wish to protect.
With the Seald-SDK, you can create, manage, renew and recover your users' cryptographic identities, and use them to encrypt/decrypt data of any type (text, files, etc.), and modify the recipients of this data afterwards.
This documentation is divided into several integration guides:
- Overview — explanation of the motivations and key concepts of the encryption with Seald;
- Adapt your application — multiple examples of strategies to integrate client-side encryption in your application;
- First steps — first steps with the Seald-SDK ;
- Import management — how to properly import the SDK into applications, especially in a bundling process;
- Identity management — how to protect your users' cryptographic identities;
- Groups — how to manage groups;
- Encryption sessions — how to use encryption sessions;
- Integrate 2-man-rule on your backend — how to modify your backend to use 2-man rule protection for your users' identities;
- Egress procedure — how to implement an egress procedure;
- Anonymous encryption — how to encrypt data for users with a Seald identity;
- JWT generation — how to generate JSON Web Tokens.
A sample web application demonstrating how the Seald-SDK integrates is also available:
- Presentation presentation of the whole project;
- Quick-start how to make a PoC in 30min;
- Password pre-derivation when the password is used for both authentication and identity protection;
- Persistent database in localStorage how to cache the Seald identity in a persistent database in localStorage;
- 2-man-rule protection how to use 2-man-rule identity protection;
- Other examples — some example projects in which Seald has been integrated;
API references are also available for:
- @seald-io/sdk — reference of the Seald-SDK for the browser, Node.js and React-Native;
- @seald-io/sdk-plugin-ssks-password — password identity protection plugin reference;
- @seald-io/sdk-plugin-ssks-2mr — identity protection plugin reference by 2-man-rule;
- Server API of SSKS — API reference for the server side of identity protection in 2-man-rule.
The changelog is available on our website: https://seald.io/changelog#sdk